Get a Quote

Guide to Cover

From Coffee Bikes to Horsebox Bars!

A successful event is never complete without an excellent caterer, so if you are one of those creative people who offer mouth-watering menus, whether as an outside, mobile or contract caterer. We understand that each risk is bespoke. You may have a horsebox bar, coffee bike, converted van or trailer, or any other imaginative means of delivering your tasty wares. We will source the right cover for you.

We can offer you Public and Products liability cover up to £10m

Up to £10m Employers Liability cover

Defence costs for breach or alleged breach of Part II of the Food Safety Act 1990

Separate cover for your catering van or trailer

Cover for your portable catering equipment such as generators, hog roasts etc

Stock cover

Please call us on 01962 774421 if you would like to discuss your insurance. Alternatively, if your renewal date isn’t within 60 days, please complete our form Renewal Date by clicking the button below and we will get in touch with you closer to the time.

Renewal Date

Available Cover


    This protects you against your liability in respect of damage to other peoples' property or injury to other people.


    This protects you against your liability to your employees.


    This protects your own and hired-in property including stock. Cover includes: Fire, Lightning, Theft, Explosion, Malicious Damage, Earthquake, Storm, Flood, Escape of Water, Impact by vehicle or animal and Accidental Damage. Select cover in Storage, Transit and/or on Contract Sites.

  • Motor Insurance

    This protects your mobile trailer on the road and in transit.

  • Business Interruption

    This protects you against financial loss following an interruption to the business as a result of an insured loss or damage to your property.


Do I need Public Liability Insurance?

Although not a legal requirement, Public Liability Insurance is essential no matter how small or large your business and is particularly important for businesses that work with or come into close contact with members of the public. Public Liability protects your business against liability claims arising from injury to third party person or damage to third party property where you are proven negligent. Incidents can occur anywhere and at any time, from an item falling from your catering trailer and breaking another person’s property to someone tripping over your trailer and breaking their leg.

What is Business Interruption Cover?

Following a loss of equipment or premises, a business may not be able to trade as normal until a replacement has been made.

At the beginning of the marquee season, the production lead time of suppliers can be lengthy, causing a major disruption. Business Interruption insurance enables a company to claim for resultant loss of ‘Gross Profit’ or ‘revenue’ relating to contracts which it cannot complete. The insurer can often minimise the claim by enabling the insured to complete contracts by funding the temporary hire or replacement equipment, i.e. the increased cost of working. This is also beneficial to the marquee company as their clients will not be let down, enabling future repeat business and recommendations.

What is the Business Interruption Indemnity period and how do I know what Indemnity Period I need?

The Indemnity period under the policy should be the period during which the business is affected by the property damage loss and that period can only be decided by the business itself as circumstances will vary from business to business. For example, you should consider how long it will take to get your business back to its position prior to the damage taking into account factors such as time to find alternative premises or rebuilding, lead times to replace stock and even keeping your valuable employees and customers. For example, a shop has a fire and is unable to trade. If it takes 24 months to rebuild that shop and they are unable to trade in that period, 12 months indemnity would not be enough. Indemnity periods can start at 12 months and can go up to 24, 36 and even 48 months. Many people choose 12 months but if your property is large, or listed, extensive damage can easily take over a year to repair, leaving much of your interruption period uninsured.

Do I need Employers Liability Insurance?

Employers have a legal obligation to carry Employers Liability Insurance which indemnifies the employer in respect of injury to its employees for which it is legally responsible. It is generally accepted by members of the Association of British Insurers that the minimum indemnity limit should be £10m. An employee is deemed to be any individual who undertakes any work for the insured whether paid or not.

There is a common misconception that Employers Liability is not required in regards to self-employed staff. For Marquee Companies this is rarely the case as such staff are normally working under the direction of the Employer, and are not Bona Fide Subcontractors. A ‘Bona Fide’ Subcontractor carries their own insurance and provides their own method, tools and materials.

The legal penalties of failing to effect adequate Employers Liability insurance are severe, but perhaps even more significant are the implications of the potential cost of a successful claim against an uninsured company. In an increasingly litigious society, personal injury claims are becoming frequent and of greater magnitude.


Always on hand to provide you with information, advice and guidance.

01962 774421

Wind Gust Checker

ERECTING A MARQUEE? Use our handy tool to check the wind gust in your area.

Max wind gust results for the next 15 days in