Large Properties and Historic Building Insurance

Get a Quote

Guide to cover

From large blocks of flats to Grade II listed buildings...

Property cover for large buildings, including blocks of flats, schools, private hospitals, care homes and places of worship. We can cover historical and heritage buildings, including listed. Standard cover includes the buildings insurance, landlords’ fixtures and fittings, alternative accommodation cover, communal contents and property owner’s liability.

Please call us on 01962 774421 if you would like to discuss your insurance. Alternatively, if your renewal date isn’t within 60 days, please complete our form Renewal Date by clicking the button below and we will get in touch with you closer to the time.

Renewal Date

Available Cover

  • Buildings and Contents Cover

    Against unforeseen events such as fire, storm, flood and malicious damage. Subsidence can be included.

  • Alternative Accommodation Cover

  • Accidental Damage

  • Property Owners Liability

    Legal, defence and compensation costs.

  • Loss of Rent

    If you rent out a commercial property to tenants.


Do you provide cover for listed buildings?

Yes, we have a range of insurers who accommodate listed buildings.

How can I get an accurate value on my building and contents?

When insurers talk about reinstatement value, it’s not just about rebuilding the building itself, it has to include other costs such as debris removal, architect fees and modern materials. If you are not sure if your sum insured reflects the true reinstatement value of your property, we recommend contacting a surveyor. All of our policies are index linked ensuring your reinstatement value reflects current market costs.

What is Business Interruption and how is it relevant to this line of cover?

Following a loss of equipment or premises, a business may not be able to trade as normal or even at all. Rebuilding is timely which has a direct impact on the business financially especially if they are unable to trade in that time.

Business Interruption covers the covers financial losses that are a direct consequence of the interruption, such as loss of revenue, loss of rental income and additional working costs.

If you are a property owner but do not trade from your building and/or hire the building to another business and the building was to burn down, this would incur a loss of rent during the rebuild period. There could also be a loss incurred while you are trying to find a new tenant as the old tenant has moved to another premises. Loss of rent would cover these costs.

How do I know if I'm responsible for the buildings insurance?

If you rent or lease a commercial building you may or may not be responsible for insuring the building. That depends on the contractual agreement you have with your landlord or the property owner. Clarify exactly what you are responsible for insuring.


Always on hand to provide you with information, advice and guidance.

01962 774421

Wind Gust Checker

ERECTING A MARQUEE? Use our handy tool to check the wind gust in your area.

Max wind gust results for the next 15 days in