Mobile Toilet, Shower & Refrigerated Trailer Hire Companies

Mobile Toilet Shower & Fridge Trailer Insurance

Get a Quote

If you are hiring in toilets for your event, please click here and fill in our ‘Event Insurance including Hired in Property’ form.

Portables for every occasion!

Mobile Toilet Shower & Fridge Trailer Insurance

Mobile Toilet Shower & Fridge Trailer Insurance; whether you are supplying simple ‘plastics’,  luxury toilet or shepherd hut trailers, or any other ingeniously designed loos, shower units or refrigerated trailers, we are your go-to-one-stop-broker.

Stock Insurance 

Our specialist policy is designed to cover your hire stock against losses such as accidental damage, theft, fire or malicious damage – while at your storage premises, in transit or on contract sites. The cover can extend to cover any work you may do outside the UK & you can opt to include your plant such as vacuum pumps, tools and transportation trailers. The cover can also extend to any hired in stock you may be held contractually responsible for, not to mention any building, office contents or business interruption cover you may require.

Other Insurance

We also understand that “s**t happens” and for these unforeseen circumstances you can include Public, Products, Employers, Directors and Environmental liability.

But our service doesn’t stop there, we also have comprehensive fleet offerings through one of our A rated insurers.

Due to the complexity of analysing a company’s potential risk exposure, we believe the advice of an independent and professional insurance consultant is invaluable and we look forward to chatting to you about mitigating your risks.

Contact us

Please call us on 01962 774421 if you would like to discuss your mobile toilet shower & fridge trailer insurance. Alternatively, if your renewal date isn’t within 60 days please complete our form Renewal Date by clicking the button below and we will get in touch with you closer to the time.

Renewal Dates

Available Cover


    This section covers your own and hired-in Property (e.g. Stock, Tools, Plant, Contents). Cover includes: Fire, Lightning, Theft, Explosion, Malicious Damage, Earthquake, Storm, Flood, Escape of Water, Impact by vehicle or animal and Accidental Damage. Select cover in Storage, Transit and/or on Contract Sites.

  • Public Liability Cover

    This section protects you against your liability in respect of damage to other peoples' property or injury to other people.

  • Employers Liability

    This section protects you against your liability to your employees.

  • Business Interruption

    This protects you against financial loss following an interruption to the business as a result of an insured loss or damage to your property.


    Our main scheme policy can also be extended to cover Money, Laptops and Phones, Commercial Legal Expenses, and Equipment Breakdown.

  • Environmental Liability

    This protects you against your liability in respect of damage or pollution to the environment. This is not included as standard but can be added on.


Do I need Employers Liability Insurance?

Employers have a legal obligation to carry Employers Liability Insurance which indemnifies the employer in respect of injury to its employees for which it is legally responsible. It is generally accepted by members of the Association of British Insurers that the minimum indemnity limit should be £10m. An employee is deemed to be any individual who undertakes any work for the insured whether paid or not.

There is a common misconception that Employers Liability is not required in regards to self-employed staff. For Marquee Companies this is rarely the case as such staff are normally working under the direction of the Employer, and are not Bona Fide Subcontractors. A ‘Bona Fide’ Subcontractor carries their own insurance and provides their own method, tools and materials.

The legal penalties of failing to effect adequate Employers Liability insurance are severe, but perhaps even more significant are the implications of the potential cost of a successful claim against an uninsured company. In an increasingly litigious society, personal injury claims are becoming frequent and of greater magnitude.

What is Business Interruption Cover?

Following a loss of equipment or premises, a business may not be able to trade as normal until a replacement has been made.

At the beginning of the marquee season, the production lead time of suppliers can be lengthy, causing a major disruption. Business Interruption insurance enables a company to claim for resultant loss of ‘Gross Profit’ or ‘revenue’ relating to contracts which it cannot complete. The insurer can often minimise the claim by enabling the insured to complete contracts by funding the temporary hire or replacement equipment, i.e. the increased cost of working. This is also beneficial to the marquee company as their clients will not be let down, enabling future repeat business and recommendations.

Do I need Public Liability Insurance?

Although not a legal requirement, Public Liability Insurance is essential no matter how small or large your business and is particularly important for businesses that work with or come into close contact with members of the public. Public Liability protects your business against legal liability claims arising from injury to third party person or damage to third party property where you are proven negligent. Incidents can occur anywhere and at any time, from an employee carrying a marquee pole and accidentally knocking over a garden ornament to a client visiting the office and tripping over a loose bit of carpet and breaking their wrist.

Basis of settlement - which is the best option for me Indemnity or Reinstatement?

Equipment can be insured on an Indemnity Basis (second hand value) or on a Reinstatement Basis (new for old). In the marquee industry, due to a relatively low availability of second-hand equipment and a need to buy compatible replacement equipment, it is normally advisable to choose the Reinstatement Basis.

Regardless of which option is chosen, the ‘Sum insured’ should accurately reflect the amount of all of your own and hired in equipment.

What is the Business Interruption Indemnity period and how do I know what Indemnity Period I need?

Indemnity period is defined as the period during which the business is affected by the loss and that indemnity period can only be decided by the business itself. As a business you should consider how long it will take to get the business back to its position prior to the interruption taking into account the type of business, lead times to replace stock and even keeping your valuable employees and customers. For example, a shop has a fire and is unable to trade. If it takes 24 months to rebuild that shop, 12 months indemnity would not be enough.

If I operate toilet trailers and plastics, can these be covered under the same policy?

Yes, no problem. The Material Damage cover is simply based on the toilet value of your own and any hired in stock.


Always on hand to provide you with information, advice and guidance.

01962 774421

Wind Gust Checker

ERECTING A MARQUEE? Use our handy tool to check the wind gust in your area.

Max wind gust results for the next 15 days in