Permanent Glamping Site Operators

Glamping Luxury Camping Insurance

Get a Quote


What happens when nature and authentic tents meet modern luxury?

Glamping – The trend that is taking the holiday and festival industry by storm. CoverMarque understands the uniqueness of the glamping experience and having specialised in the Marquee and Event industry since 2003, we are well positioned to provide you with solutions on how to minimise your risks when looking for Glamping Luxury Camping Insurance.

We offer personalised service and work very closely with our clients to ensure they receive the bespoke cover they need to protect them against potential risks and pitfalls that could harm or ruin their business.

Due to the complexity of analysing your unique Glamping Luxury Camping Insurance requirements the advice of an independent and professional insurance advisor is invaluable. The importance of having the correct cover in place is focused on at the beginning of the relationship prior to a quote being sent to you.

If you feel you could benefit from our professional advice then please call us on
01962 774421 or alternatively if your renewal date isn’t within 60 days, you can click on our Renewal Date button below and we will get in touch with you closer to the time.

Renewal Date

Available Cover

  • Property Damage

    To cover your own property as well as Hired-in Property for which you may be responsible such as your own Tents, Yurts, Stock, Tools, Plant including hired in Generators, Contents etc.

    Main cover includes: Fire, Lightning, Storm, Flood, Theft, Explosion, Malicious Damage, Accidental Damage.

    Cover is offered while on contract site, in storage or transit to and from contract sites.

  • Public & Products Liability

    During the course of your business, you may become legally liable to pay for compensation to someone for injuring them or damaging their property. This cover may therefore protect you in such circumstances and would include any costs incurred.

  • Employers Liability

    Your employees may hold you responsible for injuries they incur while working for you. This cover may therefore protect you against these possible claims.

  • Business Interruption (Loss of Profit)

    Suffering a property loss could have a detrimental effect on your ability to continue paying your overheads or of running your business. This cover is designed to protect you against the reduction in your profits.

  • Environmental Liability

    We can offer you cover for environmental impairment if your glamping site is situated near a river, stream or lake; or if you could potentially cause damage to the environment or biodiversity through water, land or air pollution. This type of loss is not normally incorporated in standard liability policy.


Do I need Employers Liability Insurance?

Employers have a legal obligation to carry Employers Liability Insurance which indemnifies the employer in respect of injury to its employees for which it is legally responsible. It is generally accepted by members of the Association of British Insurers that the minimum indemnity limit should be £10m. An employee is deemed to be any individual who undertakes any work for the insured whether paid or not.

There is a common misconception that Employers Liability is not required in regards to self-employed staff. For Marquee Companies this is rarely the case as such staff are normally working under the direction of the Employer, and are not Bona Fide Subcontractors.  A Bona Fide Subcontractor carries their own insurance and provides their own method, tools and materials.

The legal penalties of failing to effect adequate Employers Liability insurance are severe, but perhaps even more significant are the implications of the potential cost of a successful claim against an uninsured company. In an increasingly litigious society, personal injury claims are becoming frequent and of greater magnitude.

What is Business Interruption Cover?

Following a loss of equipment or premises, a business may not be able to trade as normal until a replacement has been made.

At the beginning of the marquee season, the production lead time of suppliers can be lengthy, causing a major disruption. Business Interruption insurance enables a company to claim for resultant loss of ‘Gross Profit’ or ‘revenue’ relating to contracts which it cannot complete. The insurer can often minimise the claim by enabling the insured to complete contracts by funding the temporary hire or replacement equipment, i.e. the increased cost of working. This is also beneficial to the marquee company as their clients will not be let down, enabling future repeat business and recommendations.

What is the Business Interruption Indemnity period and how do I know what Indemnity Period I need?

Indemnity period is defined as the period during which the business is affected by the loss and that indemnity period can only be decided by the business itself. As a business you should consider how long it will take to get the business back to its position prior to the interruption taking into account the type of business, lead times to replace stock and even keeping your valuable employees and customers. For example, a shop has a fire and is unable to trade. If it takes 24 months to rebuild that shop, 12 months indemnity would not be enough.

Do I need Public Liability Insurance?

Although not a legal requirement, Public Liability Insurance is essential no matter how small or large your business and is particularly important for businesses that work with or come into close contact with members of the public. Public Liability protects your business against legal liability claims arising from injury to third party person or damage to third party property where you are proven negligent. Incidents can occur anywhere and at any time, from an employee carrying a marquee pole and accidentally knocking over a garden ornament to a client visiting the office and tripping over a loose bit of carpet and breaking their wrist.

Basis of Settlement - which is the best option for me: Indemnity or Reinstatement?

Equipment can be insured on an Indemnity Basis (second hand value) or on a Reinstatement Basis (new for old). In the marquee industry, due to a relatively low availability of second-hand equipment and a need to buy compatible replacement equipment, it is normally advisable to choose the Reinstatement Basis.

Regardless of which option is chosen, the ‘Sum insured’ should accurately reflect the amount of all of your own and hired in equipment.

Is hired in stock covered by my insurance policy?

As standard our Policy Wordings automatically include in the Stock section cover for hired in stock for which you are contractually responsible.  Therefore, your Stock Sums Insured should include an allowance for hired in stock.

Do I need to be a member of MUTA?

No. However, we recognise MUTA as the leading Trade Association for the Temporary Structure Industry, and their Best Practice Guide as an Industry benchmark.

Do I need to check the weather before erecting a Marquee?

Absolutely. It is irresponsible to erect a Marquee without first checking to see if the Marquee can withstand the winds predicted. We suggest you use our weather check.


Always on hand to provide you with information, advice and guidance.

01962 774421

Wind Gust Checker

ERECTING A MARQUEE? Use our handy tool to check the wind gust in your area.

Max wind gust results for the next 15 days in